“Beyond the classrooms”
Many academic related projects and events such as, SAT Classes, Inter-school Debate competitions, OEC talks etc., have been conducting under the umbrella of Academia since 2012. This year OEC aims to add another two weeks long dynamic project to utilize the organizations’ diverse volunteer resource in order to groom the life skills and interpersonal skills of school going children.
Volunteers from across the region would get the opportunity to visit and live in other remote areas to conduct interactive sessions with students in different schools. Moreover, they will also assist the teachers in grooming the students to help them be equipped with the stock in trade for the practical world. This project would promote the significance of proper guidance to students and the need for experiment-based learning to allow the students to steer their way through school and have clear basic concepts of the subjects they are being taught.
- To provide an opportunity for the OEC volunteers to groom their professional skills and develop a sense of self-responsibility, flexibility, and gratitude.
- To get engaged with students through assisting the subject teachers.
- To work on the students’ personality skills such as good communication skills, confidence building, presentation skills, and other soft skills that are required in terms of successful career building
- To educate students about the emerging fields in the contemporary world and to communicate to them the importance of quality education for a better tomorrow.
- To infuse in students a sense of prioritization and goal setting in a young age so as to help them in becoming an efficient youth.
- To inculcate in them a true sense of civic responsibility and active citizenship
The 3rd OEC Summer Camp conducted recently by the Organization for Educational Change (OEC) came to a successful end. The most anticipated event of the year, OEC Summer Camp, was a five-day event held from 22nd – 27th June 2016.
The OEC Summer Camp is an initiative of Organization for Educational Change (OEC) designed exclusively for the counselling and guidance of students who are on the verge of getting into the university life. This program extends information, gives guidelines and provides exposure to the students who are seeking admissions in the renowned universities for undergraduate programs.
The five-day career counselling session started off in the morning of 22nd June 2016 at the Foresight Public School in Sadiqabad, Rawalpindi. The session was carried out proficiently by the highly energetic and hardworking volunteers already studying in distinguished universities. The volunteers provided detailed information to the recent high-school graduates about admission procedures in different universities, the criteria for admission, fee structure, campus life, scholarship opportunities etc. The students were provided with practice papers of the entrance test exams for different universities and guided about the dos and don’ts in the entrance tests. To further fortify their preparations, mock tests were also conducted. The speakers empowered the students to make a well-informed career decision and wise selection of profession and encouraged the students to plan their educational journey for the selected career.
Among the worthy speakers were Muhammad Sakhi and Asif Mehdi from NUST, Nafisa Latif from FJWU, Kainat Asad from NCA, Wajiha Nida from IBA, Saddam and Shakeela from QAU and Fakhra Nisar from UET. The event was also graced by the presence of reputed professionals and motivational speakers including Mr. Naveed Hussain (SUSI alumnus), Mr. Kamran Ahmed (youngest surgeon in GB) and Mr. Sajid Ali (UGRAD alumnus). The speakers from different universities and sectors shared their valued experience and gave precious tips and advices to the students and inspired them to achieve their goals